Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in participating in an efabless design challenge (each such challenge, the “Challenge”). These Design Challenge Terms (the “Challenge Terms”), together with the efabless Terms of Service (the “Terms”), into which these Challenge Terms are incorporated by reference, govern your participation in the Challenge. By participating in any Challenge (including by submitting IPs in connection with any such Challenge), you are acknowledging that you have read, understand and agree to accept and be bound by these Challenge Terms and the Terms in connection with your participation in any Challenge.
- Regulatory Requirements. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR WHERE REGISTRATION OR BONDING REQUIRED, AND SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.
- Excluded Parties. You must be a registered user of the Service to participate in a Challenge. Participation on the Challenge is open to all individual registered users of the Service except for any employee of efabless or its Vendors, or any of their, officers, directors, contractors, or advisory board members.
- Account. By participating in any Challenge, you agree and represent that (a) your account is complete, accurate, and up to date, an d (b) your registration may be rejected or terminated and all Entries (defined below) may be disqualified if efabless has reasonable grounds to determine that any of the information in your account incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date, and (c) your account and anything you submit does not and will not give rise to civil liability or violate any law or third-party rights. You are solely responsible for the information you enter in your account and anything you submit.
- Design Requirements and Entries. Each Challenge will be accompanied by a Challenge entry page (the “Entry Page”) that will identify set of requirements and specifications (“Requirements”), a deadline for submission (the “Deadline”), any other rules for entry (“Additional Rules”) and the applicable prizes, if any (the “Prizes”). Each user may submit a single responsive IP (an “Entry”). If a user submits an additional Entry or Entries, then, while all such Entries will be deemed IPs for all purposes under the Terms, only the final Entry will be considered for evaluation for purposes of the Design Challenge. In order to be eligible for evaluation, an Entry must meet all the applicable Requirements and be submitted by the Deadline in accordance with all applicable Additional Rules. Ineligible submissions will not be considered in the evaluation phase of the Challenge.
- Evaluation. Eligible Entries will be evaluated by industry experts based on their performance, which will be measured based on one or more specific performance criteria, which may or may not be disclosed at the time of entry (the “Evaluation Criteria”). Where multiple performance criteria are to be measured, efabless may weight criteria separately to evaluate overall performance, and such weighting may or may not be disclosed at the time of entry. Participants agree that efabless has the final decision on determining, in its sole discretion the best performing Entry. efabless may determine that there is no Entry in a particular Challenge that qualifies for an applicable Prize if no Entry attained a performance that is deemed not to satisfy the Evaluation Criteria (including a decision that, where there are multiple Prizes available, that fewer than the number of available Prizes are winning Entries).
- Winners and Prizes.
- Prize Eligibility. Monetary Prizes will only be given to adult participants.
- Noitification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified through the Service, and may also be notified by email to the email address you may have provided us in connection with registration. Failure to accept a Prize by acknowledging such notification within thirty (30) days of efabless providing notice will be deemed a waiver of the Prize.
- Verification. Prizes are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Challenge Terms and the Terms. All decisions of efabless and its Vendors in connection with the management and evaluation of any Challenge are final and binding in all respects.
- Additional Fees and Taxes. Winners will be responsible for all costs or expenses not identified in these Challenge Terms or Entry Page. TAXES, IF ANY, RELATED TO THE PRIZE(s) ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS.
- Submission to Marketplace. Winners agree that winning Entries will be automatically submitted to the Marketplace, and that submission of an Entry constitutes an irrevocable offer to license Entries that are eligible for Prizes (whether or not you are eligible to receive, or ultimately accept such prize) to third party purchasers in on the terms and conditions of the Technology License Agreement, subject to selection of a license fee to be determined by you within thirty (30) days of notification that you are the winning Entry, and further provided that if you fail to set a price within that time that efabless may select a price at its sole discretion.
- Additional Warranties. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that all information you enter through the Service with respect to such Entry is true and complete, that you have the right and authority to submit the Entry (and have not granted, and will not grant, any third party any right that would conflict with your right to participate in the Challenge or grant the rights and licenses granted herein in connection with such Entry), and that your Entry:
- is your own original work and that you own all intellectual property therein, and have the right to grant the rights and licenses granted herein and in the Terms;
- does not contain your or any other party’s confidential information or trade secrets;
- does not violate or infringe upon the rights, including intellectual property rights, of any third party (including any current or past employer);
- does not contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
- does not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation; and
- does not trigger any reporting, royalty, or export compliance obligation to any third party, government entity, or regulatory body.
- Additional Terms.
- Entries. All entries are subject in all respects to the Terms, including all terms related to intellectual property ownership and licenses, representations and warranties, liability, compliance with laws, export control, and indemnity.
- Disputes. By entering the Challenge, you re-affirm that all disputes between us related to the Challenge will be resolved in accordance with the Terms, and you waive all rights to seek injunctive or equitable relief, or to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys' fees in connection with the Challenge and your or any other user’s Entry.
efabless developed a complete set of design software including system design, schematic entry, spice simulation, layout editing, DRC, LVS and parasitic extraction. Also a complete RTL-to-GDS digital design flow that includes synthesis, STA, placement and routing.
We also offer a unique, community-oriented verification tool called Automatic Characterization Engine, or ACE. ACE is simulator agnostic and provides automatic verification of a design with reference to control specifications. All new designs must pass ACE certification before entering our efabless marketplace and customers and community can use the ACE tool to ensure a trusted conclusion to a design engagement.Which process technology should the participants use?
The PDK (Process Design Kit) name is EFXH035A. It represents the most basic process option set for the X-Fab XH035 0.35um foundry process. The base process option is called"MOS" by X-Fab, and contains only the most basic low-voltage (3.3V) MOS transitors and an assortment of resistors, bipolar transistors, diodes, and metal-sandwich capacitors. Information about the XH035 process options is publicly available on the X-Fab website.Who has the rights to the IP blocks that are created on efabless?
Community members retain the rights to IP created on the system under the Technology Licensing Agreement. However, the IP is maintained on our system and is not available for downloading from the system. This is necessary to enable the ability to design with foundry PDKâ€™s without requiring NDAâ€™s.Who can see my IP? And can I choose who can see my IP?
All IP files are abstracted and hidden from everyone except for the designer. If the IP is offered in the efabless marketplace, customers can only access the datasheets and abstracted views for simulation and integration - no schematics or gds data is exposed.
If the IP is not offered in the marketplace, only the IP owner, the designer has access to its information. No other users of the platform are able to access it.
Thank You To All Participants
1st Place: Rishi Raghav
2nd Place: Arsalan Jawed
3rd Place: Ibrahim Muhammed
(In alphabetical order)
Arthur Campos de Oliveira
Mohamed Khairy Bahry
Participants successfully completed schematic design phase